Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A Book by it's Cover


I have to admit, I judge books by their covers. I never noticed it before, although I am a cover artist and visually-inspired person, I never thought that the cover was what made me pick a book from the shelf. But, today as I wandered through the aisles of romance books at Barnes and Noble, I caught myself scannning, not really paying attention to what the books were, but waiting for a cover to leap out at me!!


The cover above is one of my favorites that I've designed, and I think because even though it's simple, it hits home. There's something very striking about it. What is it that you look for in a cover? Beef and bronze? Sexy silhouettes? Clean and sophisticated?

1 comment:

Sherry said...

That's a great cover!!
What do I look for? In any book, no matter what the genre, I look for colours and the complete visual appeal...and I think a lot of the time, it depends on the day itself -- how I'm feeling, what my mood is and that's how I'll be attracted. Good question!