Saturday, March 15, 2008

Geared Up

I have so many different interests all across the board....from digital design to painting to mixed media to sewing to crochet to jewelry making and writing that I have a hard time understanding what my true "purpose" is. For the past week, I've thought very hard about it. I would ask myself every night before I went to bed....."What is it that will satisfy you emotionally?"...."Is there one craft that pulls at you more than the others?", The only solution I could come up with is that I love all these things equally, but my desire to write has been with me the longest.

Even though I created as a child and was more than mildly interested in art, I coveted books. They were held in high regard, where the best memories were made being lost inside the worlds the books created. I can remember the feel, the smell of them as I flipped the pages. Just as art is a form of an emotional outlet, books for me have always been my greatest escape. So, here I am making an affirmation to write. My goal is to be published by Harlequin's Silhouette Nocturne line, but for now, I will settle for just writing. It's good to be back.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

This is something I was struggling with -- and still struggle with -- over the last month or so. I love my art, I love to create. But I also love to write and my question has been "which am I?" -- maybe I am some of both. I look forward to coming here to see what you have written as you move forward!